We are an international company with offices in Sarajevo, Salzburg and Vienna.
We are passionate about retail and A.I. Our beliefs are that retail can get dramatically more efficient through technology. Checkout becomes much smarter with avoidance of unnecessary stress and time-wasting.
We are authorities in computer vision and artificial intelligence combining technological, industry, and solution expertise. Leading engineers and serial entrepreneurs in our company have strong experience in retail.
Our team of world experts in Software and Hardware engineering, A.I, Machine learning and computer vision is working on state of the art products that are changing the world's retail industry and how we shop.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Core dev team. You will work within a collaborative team to provide highly optimised core engineering support in store and on device development.
- Write clean, secure, well-documented, and testable code of moderate to high complexity, learn on the fly, and staying up-to-date with tech
- Work on existing device system to support new ways of video streaming formats and provide continuous highly secure communication with backend services and pipelines,
- Work on the challenging networking problems and communication ways between checklens core system and 3rd party POS providers,
- Build, test, and deploy your code in a continuous manner
- Contribute to technical conversations and debates, participate in design and code reviews and assist with delivery estimates
- Lead by example and share knowledge with the engineering team
- 2+ years professional experience and well-versed in Python and/or C/C++ programming languages,
- Experience with video streaming concepts and image manipulation,
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks like Gstreamer, FFMpeg and OpenCV,
- Working knowledge of the Ubuntu Linux or related OS and feel convenient troubleshooting Linux-based environments,
- Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems,
- At least one year of experience with Docker and container networking,
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms,
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems and continuously focus on improving software quality and performance,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git and CI/CD tools like Jenkins,
- Experience in shell scripting, make, Python/Perl and Bash,
- Experience with Redis and RabbitMQ,
- Experience with gRPC (bidirectional stream),
- Experience with SSH protocol,
- Experience with Agile process methodology.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and experience with one or more of the deep learning toolkits (PyTorch, TensorFlow),
- Experience in working with streaming devices (cameras over serial bus or IP cameras),
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware systems and performing root cause analysis investigations,
- Experience with foundational AWS services, such as S3, EC2 and Networking stack,
- Sense of humor. :)
If you think you have what it takes and are up for a challenge, apply to be a part of our team, and send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org