We are an international company with offices in Sarajevo, Salzburg, Vienna and Moscow.
We are passionate about retail and A.I. Our beliefs are that retail can get dramatically more efficient through technology. Checkout becomes much smarter with avoidance of unnecessary stress and time-wasting. We are authorities in computer vision and artificial intelligence combining technological, industry, and solution expertise. Leading engineers and serial entrepreneurs in our company have strong experience in retail.
Our team of world experts in Software and Hardware engineering, A.I, Machine learning and computer vision is working on state of the art products that are changing the world's retail industry and how we shop.
We're looking for a backend engineer to join our team. As a backend engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, interacting with different teams.
- Write clean, secure, well-documented, and testable code of moderate to high complexity, learn on the fly, and staying up-to-date with tech,
- Work on design and development of our product management system, supporting microservices and communication channels,
- Optimize the performance of data ingestion and our big-data pipelines,
- Build, test, and deploy your code in a continuous manner,
- Contribute to technical conversations and debates, participate in design and code reviews and assist with delivery estimates,
- Lead by example and share knowledge with the engineering team,
- 2+ years of experience with software design and Java development (Java 8+, Spring framework, and Hibernate)
- Experience in designing and developing modern distributed applications based on microservice architecture
- Knowledge of SQL-based databases, preferably PostgreSQL, and/or NoSQL data stores, such as MongoDB
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems and continuously focus on improving software quality and performance
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git and CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with gRPC and GraphQL
- Experience with foundational AWS services, such as S3, EC2, ELB, RDS and Networking stack
- Experience with Agile process methodology
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a bonus
- Experience with Redis, Kafka, and ELK stack is a bonus
- Experience with additional AWS services like Route 53, API gateway, Lambdas, SQS, CloudFront
- Sense of humor :)
If you think you have what it takes and are up for a challenge, apply to be a part of our team, and send Resumes to email@example.com