Motiff, a digital product design and development agency, is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our software team. He or she will drive the technical evolution of our data pipeline, which bridges cutting-edge web applications and data analysis tools. Motiff, with it’s talent network, is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Chicago, IL and recently opened office in Sarajevo, BIH.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated, passionate and experienced backend developer capable of delivering top-quality code and able to come up with architectural solutions to bring products to the next level. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading development and maintenance of key system features, including APIs and databases.
- Interfacing with product management to brainstorm technical solutions to business requirements and evaluate the technical feasibility of innovative product features.
- Working with other team members to investigate architecture best practices, design approaches and prototype new technology.
- Collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver high-quality software against well-established schedules.
Despite being a small team, we are exposed to clients from various industries and have the opportunity to learn new verticals and technology all the time. Our projects range from e-commerce sites, mobile and web apps, video conferencing and custom enterprise solutions.. You will enjoy the freedom of action around these topics and be encouraged to take initiative for creating truly unique solutions. You will have plenty of opportunities to work in the hottest industries like automated retail, transportation, IOT and fin-tech.
- No degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field is required. Knowledge, great communication, and the right attitude are required.
- 4+ years of real client professional software development experience.
- 5+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- Solid understanding and high proficiency in Node.js, Express, MySQL, REST, AWS, Docker.
- Experience with AWS Cloud, especially deployment.
- Experience with full-stack development frameworks, such as Express JS.
- Experience with DevOps on software systems at large scale.
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in mentoring team members and defining and championing best practices across a software team.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
- Critical thinking, creativity and problem-solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong work ethic, accountability and determination
- Organization and time-management skills
- Presentation and mentoring
Why work with us?
- Small, tight-knit, quality team working on challenging projects. We intend on staying small enough to maintain both the quality of work we put out as well as our personal lives.
- We strive to build the highest quality products and place high emphasis on UX, UI and clean, quality code.
- Travel inspired team - company outing once to twice a year.
- Share amenities and tech gadgets (mountain bikes, drone, professional cameras, etc.) to satisfy our adventurous side.
- Supportive work environment, continuous learning and sharing of information and ideas.
The below perks don’t outweigh meaningful work and personal development, but they sure don’t hurt!
- Top-notch Apple computers.
- Fitness benefit (gym memberships, etc.)
- Full size Ping-Pong table.
- Fresh espresso - whenever.