Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgement.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world's most innovative and iconic organizations.
This is an intermediate development position based in one of our three offices in Croatia. As an Intermediate Java Developer, you will work in one of the scrum teams, taking ownership in creation and maintenance of several areas of Upchain's PLM SaaS platform. You will be involved in participating and contributing to architectural discussions, mentorship of less experienced team members and collaboration with development and other teams within Upchain.
In this full-time role, you would enjoy competitive pay, stock options, overtime pay, flexible/remote working options, and perks that include daily catered lunches in a modern office with a comfortable working atmosphere.
- Work in a scrum team as an active contributor in all Agile ceremonies
- Produce high quality, testable, secure, scalable, and performant code
- Collaborate with and mentor your team members
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Actively participate in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Practice continuous learning
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and a broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality, Health & Safety, and an elite DevOps Engineering culture
- Extensive experience in Java and JVM-languages
- Experience developing scalable microservices (Java, SpringBoot)
- Experience working with messaging brokers such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience working with AWS stack (EKS, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda)
- Strong testing experience utilizing automated testing tools and frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber
- Experience working with relational databases (mySQL, MS SQL)
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs (SpringBoot, GraphQL)
- Experience working with containers (Docker, K8s)
- Experience working with source code management and CI/CD platforms such as GitHub, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Familiarity with Security by Design practices and Product Lifecycle Management concepts are assets
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with production workloads at scale in an agile environment
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Stock options
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today.