Ministry of Programming is a technical co-founding business that specializes in building and growing start-ups from the first line of code into established brands and companies. The company was voted the most innovative company in Bosnia by the foreign investor council and recognised as 21st fastest growing Tech company in Central Europe by Deloitte in 2019.
MOP is the 1st company in Bosnia and Herzegovina to be ranked on the Financial Times FT1000 list of fastest growing European companies at position 187. Our vision is to bring massive and positive socio-economic change to the world through technology.
At Ministry of Programming, who we are, how we collaborate with our team and business partners as well as our shared vision is at least as important as our other skill sets. We are extremely proud of our culture and in order to excel and thrive here you need to demonstrate a consistently high level of delivery, be disciplined and show a humble approach (where helping your colleagues and business partners is like second nature to you). Due to the nature of our business, there is an absolute need for you to adapt to changing environments, work hard and show engagement at all times. In return, you get to work with exceptional people and work with some of the coolest technologies and products both within Bosnia and across Europe!
We are a supercharged team of 100+ creative people and we are looking forward to hiring a new colleague who wants to help us achieve ambitious goals! At Ministry of Programming, you are more than just an employee. We are building next-generation web and mobile applications that have a real impact on people's lives and you will have large responsibilities from day one, where what you do will have an effect and your opinions and ideas will matter.
Do you want to be a part of this journey and help shape the future? Then you may well be who we are looking for!
As a developer, you will
- Develop applications for Ministry of Programming and for our partners
- Code-review your teammates
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code
- Translate UI/UX wireframes into clean and efficient Sass/CSS
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and partners/clients
- Inspire fellow colleagues, future partners/clients, our students/interns, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open source software, and actively demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
- Working on existing system(s) within a remote team
- Working on new projects and functionalities
- Collaborating with team members
- Reporting to partners/clients
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues and the industry
- Working with integrity, by respecting defined procedures and rules
Skills / Qualifications
- Asynchronous programming skills in any language (Futures, Promises, Actors)
- Good skills in event driven programming (any language)
- Experience in SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL) and noSQL databases
- You are familiar with automated unit testing principles, Web applications security guidelines and Web accessibility guidelines
- You are fluent in English due to our international partner/client base
- You have a strong drive to achieve the best results against internal and external standards of excellence
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- You are a good team-player, and you are open to acquiring new skills and competencies, as well as improving existing ones
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- You feel comfortable working in Agile environments with plenty of things going on and handling fast release cycles
- You are used to collaborate with remote team members
- Hands-on. You prefer “doing” over talking. You can’t wait to write code
If this is you say “Hello!” to firstname.lastname@example.org We are excited to hear from you.