Job Type: Full-time + Competetive Pay
SwingU is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the golf space. We are looking for an Android Developer with a great work ethic, who can join our team and help us drive our flagship mobile product offering to the next-level! You will have an opportunity to work along-side other senior-level software engineers and product managers who have built products that revolutionized the golf industry.
What you’ll be doing:
Candidates should have a successful track record of collaborative problem solving, designing, and implementing scalable solutions with a high-level of attention-to-detail and quality. You should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic business decisions could modify product roadmaps and delivery timelines.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain SwingU applications running on Android.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with other senior team members to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs, rapidly
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation, where possible
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to understand problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan
- Understand and implement Android best-practice design patterns
- At least 5 years of native Android development experience
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired but not needed
- Android fundamentals, including building/integrating technologies related to audio and video capture, storage/retrieval and display using 3rd party and/or native libraries
- Excellent Kotlin and Java coding ability
- Demonstrated experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web service
- Playing golf is not required but a plus! Must have a strong understanding of the game of golf and golf's technical terms.
Email your resume along with any questions that you may have to Haris@SwingU.com