Role Title: Product Owner
Location: Office based, Obala Kulina bana 2, Sarajevo
Hours : Both Full Time and Part time considered
Salary: Competitive, enquire for further info
Rapid career progression: Yes
Share options scheme: Yes
Funded company: Yes
Fun working environment: Yes
Guaranteed employment contract: Yes
Report to: Contract with Healthpath, reporting to tech lead Emir
Starting date: ASAP
Healthpath - we make real health change easy.
Healthpath is a fast-growing and exciting start-up on a mission to radically change how we look at gut health. Chronic disease is a global epidemic and the world is more ready than ever to drop their repeat drug prescription in return for better answers.
Our customers are consumers and qualified nutritionists. Our goal is to promote easier health transformation through education, pioneering health testing and personalized health programs. Our solution delivery is through our own custom built portal and app.
Our global and virtual team consists of experienced business leaders, medical practitioners, developers, writers, designers and more.
The core elements of the role are typical of a Product Owner (PO) – working closely with Richard, the business and third parties to scope features and refine these further to take them forward into development.
Your starting point is to deliver a unified customer view into development with well-articulated, detailed and prioritised backlogs of user stories into the scrum delivery teams. After this you will be working side by side with the development team to ensure the requirements are met in production.
You will either have a project manager working for you or might do a bit of wider company project management for an interim period.
You will be a senior member of the company, working closely at the side of Healthpath’s founder and CEO, Richard Nehme.
Healthpath are a well researched company; we deeply understand our market and our customers needs. You will be an integral team player helping us to expand our exciting and challenging product into a market leading solution for millions for sufferers around the world.
It is a great time to join the Healthpath mission, especially for those with ambitious career goals. We have enjoyed a very successful release and product expansion since our launch 6 months ago. You will become a key player in a growing team and have the opportunity to push your own skill levels and career.
Our team environment is fun/collaborative and you will be joining a mission to do something great in the world.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Creation and grooming of the product backlog, ensuring that it delivers the product strategy
- Elicits requirements from stakeholders and documents requirements, to clearly articulate the customer need or problem and define the scope of work
- Defining Acceptance Criteria so that the team understand when the story is done
- Breaking features, epics and stories down, adding further detail on a just-in-time basis
- Defining MVP and prioritisation of User Stories against business value to achieve MVP
- Continually prioritising the product backlog to always ensure the user stories of highest value are foremost
- Convey requirements to other team members e.g. UX/design, development and review their outputs (solution designs, wireframes etc) to ensure that requirements and value are delivered.
Planning & Sprint Activities
- Set up, attend and facilitate meetings (release planning, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives)
- Negotiate contents of sprint with the scrum development team based on size and capacity of the team
- Act as the stakeholder/customer representative, conveying the vision and value to be achieved during the release and iterations
- Motivate the team to achieve their sprint goals
- Be available to the team to answer questions and clarify requirements
Acceptance, Demos & Release
- Review and accept user stories into the product as they are completed during the sprint, ensuring they deliver the business value intended. Doing this as early as possible in the sprint allows the team time to fix issues and achieve their sprint goals.
- Ensure product/feature launch readiness – work with wider team members on content, marketing etc.
- Communicate out progress to the wider team
Key Competencies & Characteristics/Behaviours
- Business planning and monitoring
- Requirements elicitation and validation
- Requirements management and communication
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Communication and facilitation
- Problem solving & decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Able to understand and articulate complex ideas, making them come to life and relevant to the audience
- An effective communicator across all levels of the business
- A leader, who can motivate a group of technical colleagues towards a business goal
- A team player – able to collaborate effectively
- A decision maker; able to make fact based decisions quickly, often based on limited information
- Enjoys spending time with customers to understand their processes and pain points
- Willing to take the initiative, to be proactive, to contribute and to learn
- Clarify and resolve any queries whilst managing risks and issues during the course of the delivery
- Able to think clearly, empathizing with conflicting opinion to reach an agreed outcome, often in a pressurized environment
Expertise & Experience
- Must have proven experience of working as a Product Owner in a delivery environment, preferably within a product development environment
- Must have experience of working with distributed delivery teams across time zones
- Desirable – technical understanding of development and testing practices