Role Title: Senior Developer
Location: Office based, Obala Kulina bana 2, Sarajevo
Hours : Full Time
Salary: Competitive, enquire for further info
Rapid career progression: Yes
Share options scheme: Yes
Funded company: Yes
Fun working environment: Yes
Guaranteed employment contract: Yes
Report to: Contract with Healthpath, reporting to tech lead Emir
Starting date: ASAP
Flexible contract type. Yes
Healthpath - we make real health change easy.
Healthpath is a fast-growing and exciting start-up on a mission to radically change how we look at gut health. Chronic disease is a global epidemic and the world is more ready than ever to drop their repeat drug prescription in return for better answers.
Our customers are consumers and qualified nutritionists. Our mission is to promote easier health transformation through education, pioneering health testing and personalized health programs. Our solution delivery is through our own custom built portal and app.
Our global and virtual team consists of experienced business leaders, medical practitioners, developers, writers, designers and more.
You will be a senior player in the development team, responsible for producing solutions used by our customers, lab partners and affiliate practitioners.
You work closely with the company owners and will have the opportunity to contribute towards the evolution in the scope of our product, offering your insights on the best ways to move fast in a stable environment.
You will help to set development standards and practices (including testing) and deliver high quality work to agreed timescales.
It is a great time to join the Healthpath mission, especially for those with ambitious career goals. We have enjoyed a very successful release and product expansion since our launch 6 months ago. You will become an integral part of a growing team and have the opportunity to push your own skill levels and career.
- Software development of Healthcare startup product - web and hybrid mobile app
- Support solution and technical design, in particular - able to clearly explain the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches, technologies, etc.
- Work in an agile scrum environment
- Conduct code reviews and ensure code quality
- Work with remote teams
- Create and maintain unit and BDD-based integration tests
- Write and maintain development documentation eg API documentation, solution diagrams etc.
- Time recording, updating sprint board / dev tasks
Desired Skills & Experience (PHP / Laravel):
- 3+ years experience with PHP, Modern Backend Framework (Laravel, Symfony, etc.), Modern Front End Framework (Vue, jQuery, Angular, etc.), HTML5, SASS & CSS
- Proficient in code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Experience in working with an automated build and employment process
- Strong knowledge of SQL and writing queries in MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A communication pro - must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Skype with stakeholders) with a good level of English
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit / Feature tests
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and help review / fix others
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player - must be able to comprehend highly advanced forms of sarcasm